Accountant - Decision Support | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Finance, Accounting & Accounting Support|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||02-Mar-2018|
- Work in an accounting business partnership role
- Use your strong analysis and influencing skills
- Based in Edinburgh Parks, SA
At BAE Systems, our advanced defence technology protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. For over 60 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains.
We are currently looking for an accomplished Management Accountant to work in the central finance team based in Edinburgh Parks.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager – Decision Support, as the Management Accountant – Decision Support, you will be responsible for supporting analysis for key investment decisions and for reporting metrics to optimise financial performance.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Coordinate inputs in the Australian Management Board's key performance indicators dashboard and subsequently consolidate and reconcile that dashboard and continuously work to improve it
- Prepare tier 1 and tier 2 overhead allocation model for the business
- Prepare direct recharge allocations for the business and assist in completing recharge analysis and line of business queries
- Prepare and complete direct labour and on cost costing rates the company
- Provide support in the consolidation and the preparation of business cases for submission to the internal investment board and subsequently review and challenge the plans submitted to ensure they are in line with capability plans and the company strategy
- Provide financial advice and follow up any financial queries raised
- Assist in the development of financial models to support cost base analysis
- Undertake special projects as required
As the ideal applicant you will have:
- Substantial experience in a management accounting or a public practice environment
- A degree and be CPA/CA qualified
- An ability to critically analyse, interpret and question financial results
- A high level of computer literacy in Oracle, Excel, Word and Hyperion
- Proven attention to detail and an ability to apply the highest degree of accuracy
- A high level of personal integrity, maturity, discretion, initiative and self-motivation
- The ability to embrace change
- A high level of interpersonal communication skills
- The ability to work as an integral part of a team
Applications should be addressed to: Lesley Mackman, Senior Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html