CATEGORY SPECIALIST - SOFTWARE | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Contracts, Purchasing & Procurement|
|Position Type:||Fixed Term|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||23-Feb-2018|
At BAE Systems, our advanced defence technology protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. For over 60 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains. We employ a skilled workforce of some 3,500 people at over 25 locations across Australia, and work closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
In this diverse and exciting role you will be responsible for establishing, placing and managing appropriate contract arrangements with capable suppliers to deliver the cost, schedule, quality and safety requirements of the business. We're very flexible on location and can offer this role in Adelaide (Edinburgh Parks), Melbourne, Sydney or Henderson in Western Australia.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Review software licence requests
- Develop, implement and grow strategies through knowledge of domestic and international supply markets, trends and spend analysis for designated category
- Ensure a ‘Total cost of ownership' philosophy, delivering results in key performance areas
- Manage the supplier evaluation process, conduct commercial negotiations and finalise supplier agreements
- Lead supplier performance management and supplier competency development program
- Coordinate and lead business reviews, supplier performance and governance activities
- Leverage total buying scope in designated categories
- Build and promote “best practice” processes and sourcing across the business for category
- Work with preferred suppliers to identify opportunities for continuous improvement and innovation to maximise project and program delivery efficiencies
- Identify and manage category and supplier risks, including those of supplier supply chains
- Work with business to develop future demand forecasts, analysing internal requirements and external markets
- Prepare and deliver category reports, presentations, tracking and monitoring supplier performance and savings
As the ideal applicant you will have:
- The ability to read and understand software licences
- A background in a technology focused environment, preferably within an engineering/defence organisation
- Demonstrated experience in the ability to read and interpret software licences
- A track record of successful delivery of key supplier obligations maximising cost savings
- Ability to interact effectively with colleagues and stakeholders
Whilst not essential, some legal knowledge will be advantageous.
Applications should be addressed to: Brenna Ryan, Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.