Application Analyst | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||23-Feb-2018|
- Exciting opportunity to join the team who support engineering software across the entire organisation
- Edinburgh Parks, SA location
In this exciting role, as the Application Analyst you will be responsible for maintaining and providing technical support for software within the Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) stream. Your focus will be on assisting BAE Systems engineers to make the most effective use of our CAE toolset.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Manage installations of our Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Computer Aided Manufacture (CAM) toolset
- Troubleshoot installation or technical issues with the toolset
- Work closely with our engineers, helping them get the most out the software we support
- Monitor and triage the support queue
- Work with our vendors to ensure the toolset is running smoothly
- Manage licences and the licence systems which serve them
- Assist with planning and execution of upgrades
As the ideal applicant you will have:
- Experience in a relevant IT environment and preferably tertiary qualifications in IT or engineering
- An inquisitive nature to want to understand how and why things work
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate effective analysis and problem solving skills
Whilst not essential, experience with PTC Creo, ANSYS, Altium, or the Autodesk Suite will be an advantage.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Brenna Ryan, Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.