Quality Engineer | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||28-Feb-2018|
- Key position in an advanced manufacturing environment
- Enjoy variety, a collegiate team and first class workshops
- Based in Edinburgh Parks, SA
BAE Systems Australia's globally recognised skills have produced some of the world's most successful guided weapons and ship air defence systems, used by various NATO nations.
We have the expertise to provide total in-country support of guided weapons - covering design and development, production and trials, and in-service support. Due to an internal promotion, we are seeking an experienced Quality Engineer.
As the Quality Engineer, you will support the Weapons Systems project team and the business unit Quality Manager by providing professional services with a focus on quality management, quality assurance systems, product quality, process quality and continual improvement to the Weapons Systems project.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Develop and maintain the project quality plan and applicable supporting project specific instructions
- Develop and improve the quality systems within the project
- Develop, implement and report on the value add project quality metrics which support the achievement of the business units and company's quality objectives while underpinning the acceptance of project products and services
- Develop and complete a balanced quality audit program which underpins the efficient delivery of project quality deliverables
- Manage the project non-conformances/non-compliances system
- Act in a manner that promotes quality as the coach
- Provide input and offer recommendations as necessary to improve company processes and standard procedures
- Ensure the product/service/maintenance inspection and test plans are developed, issued and address all contractual requirements to underpin the certification and acceptance of the product
- Review of first article inspection reports in accordance with aerospace standards.
- Perform internal and supplier audits
As the ideal applicant you will have:
- Practical and extensive knowledge and experience in the application of quality within a defence program or similar discipline
- Preferred qualifications in engineering and/or quality
- Strong experience in either an electrical or mechanical manufacturing environment
- Strong experience in a program quality role, particularly quality assurance and control
- An exceptional stakeholder relationship management focus
- An eye for detail and the ability to problem solve complex manufacturing issues
- Preferred Knowledge of the ISO and Aerospace standards, ISO9001 and AS9100
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Lesley Mackman, Senior Recruitment Specialist
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html