FIFO Electronics Technicians | NT-Jindalee Harts Range
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||05-Mar-2018|
- FIFO opportunities
- Work on a key national Defence surveillance asset
- Remote Northern Territory location
At BAE Systems, our advanced defence technology protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. For over 60 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains. We employ a skilled workforce of some 3,500 people at over 25 locations across Australia, and work closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
We have a number of vacancies at our remote Northern Territory radar sites for qualified Electronics Technicians to work on technically challenging and complex surveillance systems on a FIFO basis.
Reporting to the Site Maintenance Lead, you will provide ongoing support for the operations, maintenance and development of Radar 3, a part of the Jindalee Over the Horizon Network (JORN).
You will make your mark by:
- Performing planned, operational and deeper level maintenance activities
- Completing all fault reporting requirements
- Rectifying deficiencies and defects within systems including component level repair
- Developing innovative technical solutions
- Contributing to ongoing system engineering change
- Performing all other duties as directed by the Site Maintenance Lead
As the successful candidate you will have:
- Previous experience in the maintenance of high power RF and/or digital control systems equipment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- A Northern Territory Restricted Electrical licence with the Specialised Commercial/Industrial Equipment endorsement or ability to obtain
- Proven ability in the maintenance of RF and digital control systems
- Solid experience with and sound understanding of software control systems
- The ability to quickly understand frequently changing equipment and the development of procedures required to support existing and new equipment
- A proactive and positive approach, with a willingness to learn
- High levels of flexibility with the ability to adapt to change
- Certificate III in Electro-Technology
- The willingness to work between remote sites
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Expressions of interest should be addressed to Donna Dittmar, Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: ttps://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html