Project Manager | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||15-Mar-2018|
- Use your supportive leadership skills to drive successful outcomes
- Work across diverse and rewarding defence projects
- Based in Edinburgh Parks, SA
At BAE Systems, our advanced defence technology protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. For over 60 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains. Our integrated Systems business works across intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance; satellite communications; radars and various engineering services. To meet our demand, we require a talented Project Manager.
As the Project Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that the technical, cost and schedule goals associated with Integrated Systems Projects are achieved in accordance with the contractual and company requirements in order to deliver required business performance. In performing your role, you'll provide supportive leadership and direction to the team and ensure that customer and internal relationships are positive.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Execute the contract and be accountable for all aspects of project deliverable compilation and review leading to successful project review activity
- Ensure that the project team achieves the required performance in terms of schedule, budget and technical requirements
- Ensure that products and services delivered as part of a project are in accordance with the product safety policy and provide customer satisfaction
- Ensure that all members of the project team are engaged in understanding and proactively managing their contribution to product safety
- Carry out project reviews to meet project and internal company review requirements
- Act as a focal point for teaming and supplier/subcontract discussions
- Build and maintain customer relationships by being a focal point for customer contact
- Identify project opportunities and risks and develop mitigation strategies for pursuit throughout contract phases and subsequently monitor and report on the status of risks and opportunities
- Provide direction to and motivate the project team on a daily basis
- Report on project performance and issues at the business unit reviews where required
- Implement and follow the project management policies and processes across the domains as determined by the Project Management function
- Review and propose improvement to business unit processes
- Ensure that the project resource requirements, to meet current and future needs, are identified to the relevant function manager
As the ideal applicant you will have:
- Experience in leading varied engineering teams
- A relevant management or engineering qualification
- The ability to build harmonious relationships with all key stakeholders
- Responsibility to manage competing priorities
- Responsibility to influence committed teams and drive performance
- Exceptional communication skills and a personable approach
As defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Applications should be addressed to: Lesley Mackman, Senior Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html