Integrated Logistics Engineering Support (ILS) Manager | VIC-Williamstown
|Attachments:|| Support Engineering Manager Single Program_PD782_G8.pdf (PDF, 103KB)
|Application Close Date:||05-Mar-2018|
- Integrated Logistics Engineering (ILS) leadership role
- Lead a contemporary ILS strategy in an environment of growth
- Melbourne, Victoria location
At BAE Systems, our advanced defence technology protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. For over 60 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains. We employ a skilled workforce of some 3,500 people at over 25 locations across Australia, and work closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
The future is bright at BAE Systems and we are positioning ourselves for growth within Victoria. This is creating a number of opportunities within our business. We are looking for talented ILS Leaders with sound experience in the defence sector to join us.
To ensure our programs are delivered by the very best talent, we invite you to express your interest in joining BAE Systems Australia as an Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) Engineering management professional.
Reporting to the Project Engineering Manager, you will define and lead a contemporary ILS strategy in an environment of growth. You will be innovative, solutions focused and open to exploring new ideas.
You will make your mark by:
- Leading, developing and mentoring a team of ILS specialists
- Managing cost account and budget
- Successfully executing acquisition and sustainment programs
- Designing and optimising mission and support systems for supportability and cost
- Engaging with stakeholders across the integrated product teams
As the successful applicant you will have:
- Substantial design and implementation experience in a greenfield site
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead a team of ILS practitioners
- Highly developed engagement skills ensuring the injection of supportability in design aspects
- A thorough understanding of contemporary support solutions that leverage asset management concepts
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant engineering discipline and post graduate studies in ILS, support engineering or similar
- Strong understanding of acquisition and sustainment engineering lifecycles ideally in a Defence land systems environment
- Sound understanding of relevant Australian defence standards and specifications including ASDS1000D
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) may be applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Julie Lane, Recruitment Specialist. For a confidential discussion please call Julie 03 93348091.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html