Maintenance Planner | NSW-Garden Island
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||21-Mar-2018|
- Join the leading Defence industry organisation
- An exciting opportunity for career growth and progression
- Garden Island, Potts Point with a complimentary bus service to and from the CBD
BAE Systems is Australia's most versatile Defence and Security Company. The Maritime Support Services business provides comprehensive through-life-support services for naval and marine ships and systems with sites in Sydney, Melbourne and Perth.
As a Maintenance Planner within the Maritime Sustainment team, you will work on the Transition Into Service Support Contract (TISSC) for the Royal Australian Navy, Landing Helicopter Dock (LHD) Vessels. You will be responsible for planning and scheduling maintenance activities in a safe, organised, timely and cost efficient manner.
In more specific terms you will be:
- Providing maintenance planning and scheduling capability in support of the project's maintenance activities
- Monitoring the completion of scheduled tasks ensuring maintenance plans are updated to reflect task completion or deferral
- Servicing schedules and liaising with external suppliers
- Performing audits and report generation
- Ensuring that all maintenance, repair and project work is carried out in a professional, safe and timely manner
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- Previous experience using an OPP scheduling tool and an Asset Management Planning database (AMP's) will be highly regarded
- Experience in a similar role, ideally gained within a shipbuilding environment
- Relevant tertiary qualification in engineering
- Good understanding of the maintenance planning process and development requirements
- Proven ability to interact with a variety of stakeholders through robust interpersonal skills
- Ability to organise and prioritise tasks, manage competing priorities and work to achieve set deadlines
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to Adrien Kingsley, Recruitment Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualifications to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems you will find support for training and development, competitive benefits and family friendly, flexible work practices in addition to a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply. BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html