SYSTEMS/ALGORITHM ENGINEER | VIC-Richmond
|Attachments:|| Duty Statement 5B Sys Gr 6.doc (Word, 172KB)
Systems Engineering _Practitioner__PD 792_G6.pdf (PDF, 104KB)
|Application Close Date:||08-May-2018|
- Global company, doing engineering development work on cutting edge technologies including Australia's most successful Defence export
- Utilise your Systems/Algorithm Engineering expertise to support the Nulka development project
- Richmond, Victoria location
BAE Systems is Australia's most versatile Defence and Security Company. BAE Systems Australia's globally recognised skills have produced some of the world's most successful guided weapons and ship air Defence systems, used by various NATO nations.
The Weapon Systems business is a hub of innovation and exciting projects. As a member of the team, you will be at the cutting edge technologically in a number of areas including Electronic Warfare, Guidance Navigation and Control, Safety Critical Software and the products you will gain exposure to are really interesting and unique. As a Systems/Algorithm Engineer, you will play a critical role for the Weapons Systems business with the opportunity to utilise your experience whilst continuing to grow and develop professionally. You will be part of an inclusive and supportive team at our Richmond office which is also easily accessible by public transport and close to other facilities.
As a Systems/Algorithm Engineer, you will:
- Undertake systems engineering tasks and provide expertise in developing functional algorithms for implementation by the software teams
- Perform verification and validation activities
- Liaise with the customer to answer technical queries arising from the development process and ensure that the implementation is accepted
- Perform requirements elicitation to generate all functional and performance requirements needed to meet the customer's needs
- Create definitions for aspects of the Nulka Launch Sub-system architecture design to provide a cost effective, robust solution to the development of a product
- Be responsible for the traceability and harmonisation of system requirements to the functional and physical architecture
- Interact with the various engineering domain experts and engineering leads to ensure that the architecture decisions are correct and can be flown down to the various components of the Nulka Launch Sub-system
- Resolve technical issues that arise from the component design and development process
- Undertake system integration and qualification activities to ensure that the qualification methods are appropriate to the requirement
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- An engineering degree qualification coupled with relevant experience in systems engineering or algorithm engineering
- An understanding of algorithm principles coupled with having a mathematical background
- Strong problem solving skills, be a self-starter and a practical thinker
- A demonstrated understanding of the systems engineering lifecycle
Whilst not essential, experience with Matlab, Simulink or other software programming tools will be highly regarded.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Recruitment Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html