Site Operations Manager | NSW-North Ryde
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||26-Mar-2018|
- Join a global defence organisation
- Take the lead in this Operations Management role
- North Ryde, NSW location
BAE Systems Australia is a global Defence and security company with wide-ranging products and services to support and protect Australia's Defence forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services.
An opportunity has arisen for a Site Operations Manager to join our North Ryde team. This is an integral role for the business, responsible for the overall site operations. You will be the senior leader on the site and provide leadership to our people assisting them in their development of functional capability. Additionally you will have profit and loss (P&L) accountability for allocated projects.
In more specific terms, you will:
- Provide high level support and leadership to all staff covering but not limited to Safety, Quality, Security, Export Control and other corporate responsibilities
- Lead the project teams under the general guidance of the Program Manager to successfully execute the contract and accountable for all aspects of project delivery
- Ensure that the project team achieves the required performance in terms of schedule, P&L and technical requirements for allocated projects
- Ensure that products and services delivered as part allocated projects are in accordance with the Product Safety Policy and provide Customer satisfaction
- Ensure that all members of all staff are engaged in understanding and proactively managing their contribution to Product Safety and Safety, Health and Environment
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- Performed a similar role ideally in the defence industry
- A relevant tertiary qualification ideally in engineering/project management/business
- Significant project management experience
- Demonstrated leadership experience at an operational site level, managing large teams
- An ability to motivate individuals and teams across a number of business areas, to shape and implement business requirements
- An ability to balance conflicting priorities to deliver against customer and business requirements, with appropriate stakeholder management
- An ability to negotiate with and influence internal and/or external stakeholders in a way which generates business benefit whilst maintaining key relationships
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Leah Golias, Senior Recruitment Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html