Project Manager | ACT-Canberra
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||22-Mar-2018|
- An exciting opportunity to join a leading defence organisation
- Use your supportive leadership skills to drive successful outcomes
- Based in Canberra, ACT
At BAE Systems Australia, our advanced defence technology protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. For over 60 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains.
We're seeking an experienced Project Manager to join our team in Canberra.
In this key role, you will be responsible for ensuring that the technical, cost and schedule goals associated with assigned projects are achieved in accordance with the contractual and company requirements in order to deliver required business performance. You will maintain the goodwill of the customer and management, competently manage subcontractors and provide effective leadership to the project team.
As a member of our team, you'll enjoy competitive benefits, friendly work practices, interesting work, unique career development opportunities and a culture that is built on trust, teamwork and pride in what we do.
You contribution to the team will include:
- Leading the project team to deliver the project outcomes – both project deliverables and budgeted gross margin
- Managing project stakeholder relationships to ensure that the relationships contribute positively to project success
- Supporting and mentoring to project team members in managing their own stakeholder relationships
- Leading the development of assigned proposals in response to customer tasking statements
- Contributing to the Information Management and Security (IM&S) program operating model improvement initiatives through implementation and subsequent tailoring of project management best practices
- Contributing to the overall leadership of the IM&S program by proactively supporting peer leaders, and role modelling positive and collaborative behaviours
- Carrying out Project Reviews as required to meet Project and internal Company review requirements
- Building and maintaining customer relationships
- Identifying project opportunities and risks and develop mitigation strategies for pursuit throughout contract phases
- Monitoring and reporting on the status of risks and opportunities
- Reporting on project performance and issues at the business unit reviews where required
Attributes and Experience:
- Significant experience in project management, stakeholder management and scheduling
- Degree qualification in management, project management or similar
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good understanding of various project management models
- Ability to interact effectively with colleagues within and outside immediate team, to implement business requirements
- Well-developed self-management skills and demonstrated self-direction to deliver outputs to time, quality and cost
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills, especially in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must hold or be eligible for Negative Vetting Level 1 Security Clearance.
Applications should be addressed to Polly Buerano, Recruitment Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualifications to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme. Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html