Systems Engineer | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||16-Apr-2018|
- An exciting opportunity to join a leading defence organisation
- Consultative, people focused approach
- Based in Edinburgh Parks, SA
Looking for a dynamic and passionate Systems Engineer with extensive experience in providing software/hardware support to various projects in order to continue to provide a high level of service within the project team.
Highly collaborative and agile in approach, we are engaging, consultative and solutions focused. We are looking for likeminded professionals to join our team.
As a member of our team, you'll enjoy competitive benefits, family friendly and flexible work practices, interesting work, unique career development opportunities and a culture that is built on trust, teamwork and pride in what we do.
You contribution to the team will include:
- Working with the Project Engineering Manager to assist with engineering activities associated with the design, build, installation, configuration and set to work a range of ICT Infrastructure and supporting peripherals
- Supporting the Project Manager on additional complex project planning including engineering lifecycle elements of bid responses and client engagement
- Undertaking engineering work under a system lifecycle management framework and in accordance with the customer mandated technical regulatory framework
- Analysing and designing ICT/ network/ communications systems, generally using off the shelf equipment
- Implementing a range of ICT system solutions supporting third-party applications in Windows and Unix
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- Tertiary degree or qualifications in ICT or Electrical Engineering
- Membership of the Institute of Engineers Australia, will be highly regarded
- Working knowledge of a range of infrastructure and application ICT technologies, including but not limited to:
- Windows and/or Unix operating system software stacks
- Relational database technologies, implemented by products such as Sybase, SQL Server and/or Oracle
- Virtualisation technologies implemented by products such as VMWare, RHEV and HyperV
- A range of ICT tools and products including Microsoft Office suite, JIRA and SharePoint
- Gateway system architecture and network protocols, systems and architectures
- Working knowledge of a range of e-mail and internet technologies including SMTP, POP3, IMAP, HTTP, SSL and XML
- Scripting and programming languages appropriate for current and future projects
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to deliver excellent customer service
- The ability to work independently and in a team environment
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must hold an Negative Vetting Level 1 Security Clearance. International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR) are applicable as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to Polly Buerano, Recruitment Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme. Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html