ELECTRONICS/MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN | VIC-Richmond
|Attachments:|| Electronics Technician_PD1324_G5.pdf (PDF, 247KB)
Duty statement_DLM Technician.doc (Word, 188KB)
|Application Close Date:||28-Mar-2018|
- Join a global company that values innovative ideas and flexible work practices
- Permanent and full time Electronics/Maintenance Technician position
- Richmond, Victoria location
BAE Systems is Australia's most versatile Defence and Security Company. BAE Systems Australia's globally recognised skills have produced some of the world's most successful guided weapons and ship air Defence systems, used by various NATO nations.
The Weapon Systems business is a hub of innovation and exciting projects. As a member of the team, you will be at the cutting edge technologically in a number of areas including Electronic Warfare, Guidance Navigation and Control, Safety Critical Software and the products you will gain exposure to are really interesting and unique. As an Electronics/Maintenance Technician, you will play a critical role for the Weapons Systems business with the opportunity to utilise your experience whilst continuing to grow and develop professionally. You will be part of an inclusive and supportive team at our Richmond office which is also easily accessible by public transport and close to other facilities.
As an Electronics/Maintenance Technician, you will:
- Perform maintenance activities in accordance with the maintenance schedule requirements and approved processes
- Complete maintenance activities allocated in work orders and using approved data and tools/test equipment
- Provide input into the design, development and implementation of systems/equipment including installation, set to work, acceptance testing and maintaining the systems/equipment against the technical requirements
- Provide support to engineering investigations and activities
- Ensure that the system records and other documentation are completed
- Assist with the continuous improvement of processes resulting in increased product quality and a reduction in costs
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Demonstrated experience as an electronics or maintenance technician
- Experience with component level repair work, installation/set-to-work and technical troubleshooting
- Strong organisational skills, be flexible, a self-starter and the ability to work to deadlines
- Experience utilising maintenance/configuration management systems
Whilst not essential, soldering experience and electronics technician experience in a maintenance environment will be highly regarded.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
A White Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC) is required for this role and applicants must meet ASIC eligibility requirements in order to obtain and maintain this clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Recruitment Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html