Material Coordinator / Planner | WA-Henderson
|Category:||Manufacturing, Production & Support|
|Position Type:||Fixed Term|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||22-Mar-2018|
BAE Systems is a global defence, aerospace and security company employing over 80,000 people worldwide. Our wide-ranging products and services cover air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services.
We are currently seeking applications for a Material Coordinator / Planner. Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, you will be responsible for the planning and coordination of material and supply chain activities to support Defence projects, ensuring availability to meet scheduled and emergent production requirements.
This role will be offered on a 6 month fixed term basis.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Performing material planning assessments and initiate procurement activities for emergent tasking including urgent defects, consumables and fabrication materials
• Liaising with procurement, fabrication and stores to ensure availability of materials to meet the scheduled requirements, coordinating return of cut parts, build kits, assemblies and off cut materials
• Providing reports on material availability KPI's as required
• Assisting with investigating and resolving issues affecting scheduled release of materials to production
• Acting as a point of contact for production staff, ensuring timely delivery of materials when required and expediting shortages through the supply chain
• Coordinating additional engineering change activities as required
• Coordinating the availability of materials including replacement government furnished equipment and customer managed commonwealth assets
• Managing the scrap, lost and damaged process ensuring approved disposal or resupply of required materials
• Monitoring and coordinating the procurement of shelf life, expendable and consumable items
• Coordinating the allocation, holdings and approvals for procurement of cable
• Performing material expediting in support of supply chain activities as required
As the ideal applicant you will have:
• Demonstrated material control/planning experience in a heavy manufacturing environment
• Intermediate to advanced level skills in MS Office programs, in particular Excel
• Experience with ERP/MRP systems (MILIS, AVEVA, Oracle, SAP desirable)
• Previous experience working within the Maritime, Resources or Defence industry
• Strong communication and customer service skills
• Self-motivation with exceptional organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
• The ability to work effectively within a team and autonomously
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) is applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role. Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Please submit your application to Sinead Booth – Recruitment Specialist by close of business Friday 9th March 2018. Please ensure you attach a current resume and a cover letter.