BMS Coordinator & Facilitator | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Administration & Customer Service|
|Position Type:||Fixed Term|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||23-Mar-2018|
- Facilitate and coordinate a large Business Management System
- 6 month fixed term opportunity with part time hours
- Edinburgh Parks, SA location
At BAE Systems, our advanced defence technology protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. For over 60 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains. We employ a skilled workforce of some 3,500 people at over 25 locations across Australia, and work closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
In this innovative role, you will be required to maintain and develop the company wide Business Management System, the system we use to manage policy, process, work instruction and related documents. You'll facilitate ongoing improvements to the documents in the system to ensure they are effective, efficient and meet the requirements of the business.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Engage stakeholders across the business in the development, deployment and use of the system
- Manage the operation of the change request and document library systems
- Train and coach users and stakeholders on the expectations and requirements of the system
- Evaluate and report on the effectiveness and efficiency of the system's change related activities
- Maintain assurance over the permissions and document owners rules for the system
- Contribute to and support the Business Assurance and Improvement strategic direction across the business
- Conduct diagnostic assessments of business processed and provide support, guidance and analysis to the business in order to mature and optimise the system's content
- Manage the design and implementation of improvements to the change request and documents library systems
- Conduct business reporting for the Business Assurance and Improvement function
As the ideal applicant you will have:
- Experience using Visio to create business map diagrams
- Experience with and understanding of operating and improving business processes and documents in the context of a large organisation
- Experience with maintaining a SharePoint environment including document libraries, lists and workflows
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages, including Word, Excel, Access and Power Point
Whilst not essential, a recognised business process management or business improvement qualification will be highly regarded.
Applications should be addressed to: Brenna Ryan, Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.