Senior ICT Engineer | ACT-Canberra
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||26-Mar-2018|
- An exciting opportunity to join a leading defence organisation
- Consultative, people focused approach
- Based in Canberra, ACT
Looking for a dynamic and passionate Senior ICT Engineer with extensive experience in providing ICT (software/hardware) support to various projects in order to continue to provide a high level of service within the project team.
Highly collaborative and agile in approach, we are engaging, consultative and solutions focused. We are looking for likeminded professionals to join our team.
As a member of our team, you'll enjoy competitive benefits, family friendly and flexible work practices, interesting work, unique career development opportunities and a culture that is built on trust, teamwork and pride in what we do.
You contribution to the team will include:
- Performing detailed analysis and design of complex ICT systems
- Implementing a range of solutions from extensive experience supporting third-party applications, particularly in Windows
- Liaising with a range of stakeholders to develop standard operating procedures, training manuals and other technical documentation to support ICT systems
- Supporting the Project Engineering Manager on additional complex project planning including engineering lifecycle elements of bid responses and client engagement
- Contributing to the production of reports capturing Key Performance Measures
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- Tertiary degree or qualifications in ICT or Electrical Engineering
- Excellent knowledge and experience building systems using Windows
- Excellent knowledge of domain services including AD, DNS, DHCP, GPO, WSUS, SCCM
- Experience using a range of ICT tools and products including Microsoft Office suite, JIRA and SharePoint
- Good working knowledge of Virtualisation technologies including VMWare/HyperV
- Network design and configuring firewalls, switches and routers
- Experience in utilising a range of scripting languages to perform task automation
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- Working knowledge of current versions of SQL Server, Gateway system architecture and network fundamentals
- Working knowledge of a range of Email and internet technologies including SMTP, POP3, IMAP, HTTP, SSL and XML
- Knowledge of Storage technologies
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to deliver excellent customer service
- The ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Must hold or be eligible for Negative Vetting Level 1 Security Clearance and be
- Eligibility to be cleared for International Traffic In Arms (ITAR) regulations
Applications should be addressed to Polly Buerano, Recruitment Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme. Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html