Software Licensing Analyst | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Contracts, Purchasing & Procurement|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||30-May-2018|
- Support the business in Software License review and acquisition
- Join a truly diverse organization that values flexible working
- Based in either Edinburgh Parks, SA or Williamstown, Vic
At BAE Systems, our advanced defence technology protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. For over 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains. We employ a skilled workforce of some 3,500 people at over 25 locations across Australia, and work closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a result of growth, we seek an experienced Software Licensing Analyst to work in our Category Specialist team.
As the Software Licensing Analyst you will be responsible for the management of the lifecycle for IT software assets and licensing, including inventory, compliance, usage and disposal, aiming to optimise the total cost of ownership and sustainability by minimising operating costs, improving investment decisions and capitalising on opportunities.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Ensure that the administration of the acquisition, storage, distribution, movement and disposal of software assets is carried out
- Contribute to timely responses and recommendations on software requests and continuous improvement strategies to customer problems and queries to deliver a high level of customer service and reduce lifecycle processes. Monitor software asset stock levels
- Proactively analyse software reports to track software licensing allocations and make recommendations to optimise software use
- Be accountable for centrally managing software license compliance and maintaining appropriate process documentation
- Perform regular audits on licensing allocations vs. entitlements to ensure accuracies
- Record and maintain software assets (including software media and licensing entitlements) within the IT asset repository system
- Track and coordinate the loading of assets into the IT asset repository system
- Maintain accurate records and registers for all software asset management activities and assist in identifying process improvements to ensure efficiencies
- Work with the Category Manager – IM&T and the Software Category Specialist and preferred suppliers to identify opportunities for continuous improvement and innovation
- Coordinate and lead or assist the relevant Category Specialist with the supplier performance management and supplier competency development program
As the ideal applicant you will have:
- Experience in a software asset management role where your focus was on ensuring that the requirements of license compliance were maintained
- Commercial knowledge of software and associated licensing models
- The ability to report on compliance and risk position for approved software products and ensuring a plan is in place to mitigate risks and prevent non-compliance
- Experience in reviewing and identifying risks within software licence terms
- Strong communications skills both written and oral
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills
Whilst not essential, a Microsoft licensing qualification and experience with asset management tools such as FlexNet is highly desirable.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Applications should be addressed to: Lesley Mackman, Senior Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html