Commercial Manager | NSW-Garden Island
|Category:||Contracts, Purchasing & Procurement|
|Attachments:|| Commercial Manager_PD1362_G8.pdf (PDF, 159KB)
|Application Close Date:||01-May-2018|
- Join a company that values innovative ideas and flexible work practices
- Seeking a seasoned commercial leader
- Excellent career opportunity, located in Potts Point
BAE Systems is a global Defence and security company with wide-ranging products and services to support and protect Australia's Defence forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services.
An exciting opportunity is now available for an experienced and dynamic commercial leader to join our Maritime Sustainment business in the Commercial function. As the Commercial Manager, you will provide guidance to align with the business, bid and project teams, including direct management of significant commercial issues and leading commercial negotiations. You will be responsible for building business opportunities, driving the implementation of BAE Systems' commercial policies, processes and practices, including the assurance of and adherence to functional governance requirements.
As an integral member of the team, you will contribute to the overall management of the line of business, the delivery of project outcomes and the development, implementation and achievement of strategic aims and financial performance.
In more specific terms, you will:
- Manage commercial and contractual terms and conditions
- Manage relationships with internal and external customers and suppliers as well as cross business, functional requirements
- Provide guidance to the business and projects on compliance with contract, corporate Australian government and foreign government requirements for management of intellectual property, controlled technology, confidential information, and classified data
- Attend and contribute to phase reviews, bid approval reviews, contract status reviews
and line of business reviews
- Prepare and deliver commercial and contract management plan(s) for the business unit
- Identify and manage commercial risks and liabilities, develop cost-effective
means of managing these risks and implement appropriate mitigation measures
- Deal with issues of foreign exchange, escalation, payment arrangements, guarantees and insurance
- Prepare negotiating strategies and lead negotiating teams on commercial issues
As our ideal applicant you will present with:
- A degree qualification in an appropriate discipline and substantial experience gained in a similar role
- The ability to motivate individuals and teams across a number of business areas, to shape and implement business requirements coupled with an ability to balance conflicting priorities
- Superior communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills to be able to influence across all levels in a way which generates business benefit whilst maintaining key relationships
- A high level of commercial acumen with the ability to think both strategically and visionary
- Eligibility for security clearance
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Applications should be addressed to: Leah Golias, Senior Recruitment Consultant.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html