Combat Systems Engineer | NSW-Garden Island
|Attachments:|| Combat Systems Engineer - Professional_PD395_09_G6.pdf (PDF, 97KB)
|Application Close Date:||07-Jul-2018|
- Global company with multiple sites around Australia
- Major Defence Contract
- Garden Island, Potts Point with a complimentary bus service to and from the CBD
BAE Systems Australia's core values of Trusted, Innovative and Bold underpin everything that we do. We are a global Defence and security company with wide-ranging products and services to support and protect Australia's Defence forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services
An Exciting opportunity has risen for a Combat Systems Engineer to play and integral role in our growing team. You will responsible for the design, development and integration of systems and equipment in accordance with the contractual and Company requirements in order to achieve the required business performance.
In more specific terms, you will:
- Manage and complete engineering tasks in a professional manner and liaise with customers and suppliers
- Make engineering decisions within own sphere of responsibility and delegated authority
Work as a senior engineering team member and take responsibility for the design authority for own/team work package
- Undertake engineering activities and provide day to day engineering guidance to own team
Support team in matters of technical understanding and support in areas of own expertise
Derive system and equipment requirements, define the test requirements and participate in system design and requirement reviews
- Develop complex system and equipment architectures, optimised against key performance and environmental factors, including conducting reviews of hardware architectures
- Undertake functional analysis of complex system and equipment architectural designs, including identification of and assessment against critical performance factors
- Undertake the translation of the system and equipment design into a manufacturable solution incorporating design for manufacture factors and analysis of the implementation method against design performance, including review of hardware implementations
- Undertake the integration and validation of system and equipment designs with challenging functional properties, including review of integration and validation plans and reports
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- A tertiary level engineering degree, preferably an electronics engineering qualification
- Demonstrated leadership and team mentoring skills
- Extensive experience and technical expertise in a relevant engineering discipline such as communications, electrical or electronic, mechanical or software systems engineering
- Exposure to combat systems engineering design and architecture
- Demonstrated systems engineering experience and a solid understanding of systems engineering practices
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Applications should be addressed to: Adrien Kingsley, Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html