Procurement Officer Supply Chain Management Systems Support | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Contracts, Purchasing & Procurement|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||27-Apr-2018|
- Enjoy flexible working and genuine commitment to inclusivity & diversity
- Support business Supply Chain Management tools and processes
- Based in Edinburgh Parks, SA
At BAE Systems, our advanced defence technology protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. For over 60 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains. We employ a skilled workforce of some 3,500 people at over 25 locations across Australia, and work closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a result of growth, we seek an experienced Procurement Officer. In this role, you will be responsible for the establishment, placement and management of procurement activities, contracting arrangements with capable suppliers and supporting the business with regards to procurement systems and process.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Proactively manage the performance of suppliers to achieve the requirements of the contract from a schedule, cost and quality perspective
- Facilitate and maintain effective working relationships with suppliers, engaging with key stakeholders to ensure a comprehensive and coordinated approach
- Identify and manage supplier risks and opportunities
- Coordinate and support the resolution of contractual issues and disputes
- Lead Procurement support for the business Functions
- Support and attend stakeholder meetings as required
- Support the supply chain management activities in the Commercial & Procurement Service Desk
- Implement and follow policies and processes as determined by the procurement function, ensuring compliance with relevant acts, legal demands and ethical standards
As the ideal applicant you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in a procurement position
- Demonstrated experience use of Oracle supply chain management modules
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and a high level of computer literacy
- Self-management skills and the demonstrated ability to work under your own initiative to deliver outputs to time, quality and cost
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivation with the ability to effectively prioritise and meet deadlines under minimal supervision
- An ability to identify opportunities for improvement and to work well both in a team and autonomously
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Whist not essential, experience with Jira and Teamspace/Sharepoint systems is highly desirable as is experience working in either a defence, maritime or resources sector.
Applications should be addressed to: Lesley Mackman, Senior Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html