Support Engineering Cell Lead | NSW-Garden Island
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||28-Apr-2018|
- Join a global company that values innovative ideas and flexible work practices
- Major Defence Contract
- Garden Island, Potts Point with a complimentary bus service to and from the CBD
BAE Systems Australia's core values of Trusted, Innovative and Bold underpin everything that we do. We are a global Defence and security company with wide-ranging products and services to support and protect Australia's Defence forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services
An exciting opportunity has risen for a self-driven Engineering Cell Lead to play an integral role within our Maritime Sustainment business. You will be accountable for providing technical and operational support for the design and development of logistics solutions to deliver engineering work packages to meet project delivery.
In more specific terms, you will:
- Provide effective leadership during the design and development activities to meet business/customer objectives in line with cost, quality, and schedule.
- Utilise design capture and various analysis tools effectively to produce quality designs, diagnosing problems and analysing results.
- Assist in the delivery of engineering estimates and utilisation with the relevant Project Manager for allocated work packages.
- Act as the point of contact with the customers to understand the customer requirements and develop and maintain the contract technical solution.
- Support the Service Delivery Manager, and other Leads with program execution, customer meetings and technical reviews.
- Identify and manage technical risk within the project and support risk management reviews.
- Ensure that all engineering products are reviewed and approved by the appropriate delegated authorities in accordance with the engineering design control process.
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- Significant experience in Asset Management/Support Engineering across various disciplines, ideally gained in an engineering background or related industry.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field will be preferred, but not essential.
- Working knowledge of in developing designs, design reviews and analysis and implementation of solutions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of logistics support analysis and asset management.
- Strong customer and subcontractor management skills and the ability to influence and develop effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders at all levels.
- A strong understanding of the Engineering Development lifecycle and change management principles.
- A strong understanding of Reliability, Availability, and Maintenance Analysis will be preferred.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Applications should be addressed to: Adrien Kingsley, Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html