Snr Project Accountant | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Finance, Accounting & Accounting Support|
|Attachments:|| Senior Project Accountant_PD435_09_G7.pdf (PDF, 144KB)
|Application Close Date:||01-May-2018|
- Use your exceptional contract accounting experience
- Develop your career in the defence industry
- Based in Edinburgh Parks, SA
At BAE Systems, our advanced defence technology protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. For over 60 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains. Due to growth, we are seeking an experienced Senior Project Accountant to join the team.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Prepare and review monthly project reporting, including contract status reviews/line of business/quarterly business reviews/project status reports, project profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flows, work in progress management and cost and revenue accruals, monthly management review reporting
- Prepare and review variance reporting versus prior forecasts and budgets
- Oversee foreign exchange management and hedging to minimise exchange
- Prepare and review project reconciliations
- Oversee and review contract change proposals and subcontract change proposal pricing
- Improve processes used to calculate accurate, timely and efficient reporting of the financial results for the project
- Coordinate and assist in the preparation and review of the project annual budget, 5 year integrated business plan, monthly re-forecast
- Coordinate finance inputs into the quarterly estimate at completion process
- Operate, maintain and improve budgeting and forecasting processes for the project
- Review weekly cash flow forecasts
- Oversee project billing and subcontractor payments including price variation
- Monitor and incorporate changes resulting from contract change proposals and subcontract change proposals into financial processes.
- Input into project risk management processes
- Ensure a robust project accounting controls are implemented and maintained
As the ideal applicant you will have:
- Experience in relevant finance based roles demonstrating sound contract accounting experience with strong commercial and business acumen
- CA or CPA qualifications
- The ability to interact effectively with colleagues within and outside his/her immediate team, to implement business requirements
- Experience leading and developing a small team
- Exposure to Oracle ERP desirable
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Julie Lane, Recruitment Specialist
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html