Project Accountant | NSW-Williamtown
|Category:||Finance, Accounting & Accounting Support|
|Position Type:||Fixed Term|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||07-May-2018|
- Join a company that values innovative ideas and flexible work practices
- Project accounting position within a global Defence organisation
- 12 month fixed-term position, located in Newcastle, New South Wales
BAE Systems Australia's core values of Trusted, Innovative and Bold under pin everything we do. Passionate people work at BAE Systems and the team contributes to something really big – the defence of Australia. Due to expansion, our Training and Air Combat Support business has an exciting opportunity for a Project Accountant to support multiple projects, both existing and those transitions into new contracts, maintaining the integrity and transparency of financial data, in order to facilitate planning and decision making.
Applications are now sought from dynamic Project Accountant professionals to support the business, based at our Williamtown site, on a fixed-term basis. Experience true work-life balance without compromising job satisfaction or career development, by joining our Aerospace team.
As one of our Project Accountants, you will:
- Create and or improve processes used to calculate accurate, timely and efficient reporting of financial data
- Provide variance and trend analysis
- Operate and maintain budgeting and forecasting files and processes for the projects
- Provide detailed, accurate and relevant reporting and commentary by the specified deadlines on forecasts, budget and cash flow to the Project team and Corporate Staff.
- Support in stock and fixed asset reporting and management
- Assist with the preparation and consolidation of the project Annual Budget and Monthly rolling forecast
- Ongoing maintenance and monitoring for billing and costing processes, including incorporating changes resulting from Contract Change Proposal's (CCP's)
- Support project cash management including foreign exchange management and hedging
- Prepare journals for project accruals and adjustments
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- Experience as a Project Accountant with exposure to a project environment paired with relevant tertiary qualifications and hold CA or CPA qualifications
- Ability to interact effectively with colleagues within and outside his/her immediate team, to implement business requirements
- Well-developed self-management skills and demonstrated ability to work under his/her own initiative to deliver outputs to time, quality and cost
- High literacy and numeracy skills, especially in MS Office skills, intermediate for Word and PowerPoint, and advanced in Excel
- Knowledge of Australian Accounting Standards and Australian International Framework of Reporting Standards (AIFRS)
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Sally Porter - Recruitment Specialist and made on-line at www.baesystemscareers.com.au
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html