Commercial and Subcontracts Officer | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Contracts, Purchasing & Procurement|
|Position Type:||Fixed Term|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||04-May-2018|
- Use your strong commercial acumen on a variety of interesting projects
- Work for an inclusive company that offers family friendly benefits
- 12 month fixed term maternity cover
- Based in Edinburgh Parks and Mawson Lakes, SA
Our Electronic Systems and Submarine Systems programs provide a wide array of services including product sustainment support across all Defence services and commercial customers, a SATCOM sustainment capability, electronic security command and control, photonics manufacturing and support and an engineering support capability To meet planned growth in this area, we seek a seasoned Commercial and Subcontract Officer.
Reporting to the Commercial and Subcontract Manager, as the Commercial and Subcontract Officer you will be accountable for providing commercial support within defined delegations to assist the project teams in effectively managing on-going projects and new business.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Provide advice and assistance to stakeholders on commercial issues
- Administer BAE Systems' contracts in accordance with company procedures which will encompass liaison with customers on all contractual matters and resolution of commercial issues including:
- Reviewing customer communications and preparing correspondence
- Preparing and maintaining contract documentation, records and internal reports
- Ensuring that all order intakes are registered, invoices raised and payments received
- Preparing contract amendments and contract change proposals
- Review, approve and negotiate confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements
- Plan and prepare requests for bid approval review packs
- Support the commercial aspects of project phase reviews
- Identify the need for professional input, including on legal, financial and insurance matters, and work with commercial management and company specialists to manage the provision of appropriate advice
- Review customer communications and prepare correspondence
- Prepare contract amendments and change proposals
- Support customer cost and pricing analysis
- Negotiate all aspects of minor bids and contract change proposals as requested/directed
As the ideal applicant you will have:
- A tertiary qualification in a legal or a related discipline
- Previous commercial experience in a similar environment
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal which enable you to build and maintain relationships and negotiate effectively
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to balance conflicting priorities
- An affinity for working across different cultural boundaries and in international time zones
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Lesley Mackman, Senior Recruitment Specialist
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html