Systems Engineer | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||21-May-2018|
- An exciting opportunity to join a leading defence organisation
- Interesting project, meaningful work in an environment that is built on trust and teamwork
- Edinburgh Parks Location
Looking for a Systems Engineer with extensive experience in providing software/hardware support to various projects in order to continue to provide a high level of service within the project team. Highly collaborative and agile in approach, we are engaging, consultative and solutions focused. We are looking for likeminded professionals to join our team.
As a member of our team, you'll enjoy interesting work, unique career development opportunities and a culture that is built on trust, teamwork and pride in what we do.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for assisting with engineering activities associated with the design, build, installation, configuration and set to work a range of ICT Infrastructure and supporting peripherals.
You contribution to the team will include:
- Working with the Engineering Manager and Project Manager to assist with engineering activities associated with the design, build, installation, configuration and set to work of a range of ICT infrastructure and supporting peripherals
- Supporting the Project Manager on additional complex project planning including engineering lifecycle elements of bid responses and client engagement
- Undertaking engineering work under a system lifecycle management framework and in accordance with the customer mandated technical regulatory framework
- Undertaking analysis and design of ICT, network and communications systems, generally using off the shelf equipment
- Implementing a range of ICT system solutions supporting third-party applications in Windows and Unix
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- Significant experience within the engineering discipline and in technical development and systems design engineering projects
- Tertiary degree or qualifications in Engineering
- A good understanding of systems engineering processes and lifecycles
- Membership of the Institute of Engineers Australia, will be highly regarded
- Working knowledge of a range of infrastructure and application ICT technologies, including but not limited to:
- Windows and Unix Operating System software stacks
- Relational Database technologies, implemented by products such as Sybase, SQL Server or Oracle
- Virtualisation technologies implemented by products such as VMWare, RHEV and HyperV
- A range of ICT tools and products including Microsoft Office suite, JIRA and SharePoint
- Gateway system architecture and network protocols, systems and architectures
- Working knowledge of a range of Email and internet technologies including SMTP, POP3, IMAP, HTTP, SSL and XML
- Scripting and programming languages appropriate for current and future projects
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to deliver excellent customer service
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must hold a Negative Vetting Level 1 Security Clearance of higher. International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR) are applicable as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to Polly Buerano, Talent Sourcing Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualifications to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture, employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme. Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html