Software Engineer | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||30-Apr-2018|
- Interesting project, meaningful work in an environment that values flexibility and inclusivity
- Bring your strong C++ and C# skills to this interesting project
- Based in Edinburgh Parks, SA
The Digital Hydrographic Database (DHDB) System was developed by BAE Systems in the early 2000's to provide the Australian Hydrographic Service (AHS) with the capability to accept and manage digital data and to enable the AHS to compile and maintain a validated, non-conflicting hydrographic data set from which all of the AHS's services can be sourced. This exciting project needs an experienced Software Engineer to join this high functioning team.
As the Software Engineer you will be responsible for assisting the Digital Hydrographic Database System support project in meeting its contractual objectives in both recurring services and ad-hoc survey and quote services.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Analyse, design, develop, maintain and unit test the C++ and C# components of the user interface and application software
- Develop the user interface and application software
- Investigate, provide estimates, rectify and resolve assigned incidents
- Work cooperatively with the client to find out the source of the problems
- Identify potential problems and cost savings and provide suggested solutions to those problems in order to improve performance, maintenance, and reliability
- Provide efficient and practical analysis/design/unit testing when any new requirements arise
- Assist in the preparation and conduct of integration and test activities
- Develop information required for design and code reviews and audits
- Ensure that the overall system satisfies all required technical objectives and requirements
- Assist with software deployments and early morning system checks
As the ideal applicant you will have:
- Sound experience in software development, specifically C++ and C#
- A qualification in software engineering or development
- A strong client focus and a desire to assist others
- The ability to analyse problems quickly and skilfully
- A methodical and disciplined approach
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Patience and perseverance
- Excellent communication skills
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Applications should be addressed to: Lesley Mackman, Senior Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems you will find support for training and development, competitive benefits and family friendly, flexible work practices in addition to a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html