ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENTIST / ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEER | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Human Resources, Training & OHSE|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Oct-2018|
- We strive to be an industry leader in terms of environmental responsibility
- Permanent role within the Safety, Health & Environment function
- Based in Edinburgh Parks, Adelaide, SA
At BAE Systems, our advanced defence technology protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. For over 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains.
We employ a skilled workforce of some 3,500 people at over 25 locations across Australia, and work closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
To meet the needs of planned growth, we are excited to accept applications for an Environmental Scientist or Environmental Engineer to join the Safety, Health and Environment team.
Reporting to the Environment & Sustainability Manager in this specialist environmentally focused role, you will:
- Work with safety, health and environment managers and advisors to service company and project needs for access to the appropriate know-how, systems and processes necessary to support the organization and deliver on commitments to our customers
- Implement and maintain the environmental components of the safety, health and environmental management system, to ensure business process conformance to the standard ISO 14001:2015.
- Collect, analyse and communicate environmental data required for reporting to internal customers and external interested parties.
- Identify and conduct assessments against relevant environmental compliance obligations and internal management system audits.
Ideally you will have:
- A relevant tertiary environmental related qualification, science, technology or engineering degree
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in planning, implementing and auditing an environmental management system conforming to the ISO 14001 standard.
- Technical knowledge on commissioning, interpreting and reporting on environmental monitoring data.
- Excellent problem solving capabilities including self-starting research skills related to environmental solutions, and difficult operational problems.
- An ability to communicate environmental matters and obtain operational buy-in at company and project operational levels.
- Proven determination to deliver against your commitments to internal and external customers.
As we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, we encourage applications from recent graduates and applicants seeking a part-time opportunity in the safety, health and environment space.
Applications should be addressed to: Lesley Mackman, Senior Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.