Environmental Advisor | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Human Resources, Training & OHSE|
|Position Type:||Fixed Term|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||10-Aug-2018|
At BAE Systems, our advanced defence technology protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. For over 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains. We employ a skilled workforce of some 3,500 people at over 25 locations across Australia, and work closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
To meet the needs of planned growth, we are now seeking applications for an experienced Safety Health & Environmental Advisor to join the team.
In terms of specific responsibilities in this specialist environmentally focused role, you will:
- Provide specialist advice, strategic guidance and support to Business Leaders and Project Managers, on environmental management matters
- Plan, implement and maintain the environmental components of the safety, health and environmental management system, to ensure conformance to the standard ISO 14001:2015
- Collect, analyse and communicate environmental data required for reporting to internal and external interested parties
- Identify and conduct assessments against relevant environmental compliance obligations and internal management system audits
As the ideal applicant you will have:
- Relevant tertiary (degree/diploma) environmental management qualifications, along demonstrated experience in a hands-on professional environmental orientated role - preferably within manufacturing, facilities, or engineering services
- Demonstrated experience in planning, implementing and auditing an environmental management system conforming to the ISO 14001 standard
- Knowledge of legislation, codes and regulations applicable to environmental management
- A reputation as a highly motivated and tenacious self-starter, with a high level of interpersonal skills, effective communication ability, and good problem solving skills
- An ability to educate and communicate environmental matters at business unit and site operational levels
- Demonstrated experience of investigating, problem-solving and influencing
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Lesley Mackman, Senior Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html