Supply Chain Manager | NSW-Garden Island
|Category:||Contracts, Purchasing & Procurement|
|Attachments:|| Supply Chain Manager_PD1484_G8.pdf (PDF, 87KB)
|Application Close Date:||30-May-2018|
- Join a company that values innovative ideas and flexible work practice
- Pivotal supply chain leadership role with a procurement flavour
- Sydney, Potts Point Garden Island
BAE Systems Australia's core values of Trusted, Innovative and Bold underpin everything that we do. We are a global Defence and security company with wide-ranging products and services to support and protect Australia's Defence forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services.
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Supply Chain Manager exists to support our Maritime Sustainment business. Reporting to the Project Manager for the Landing Helicopter Dock Transition Into Service Support contract, you will be responsible for continuing to evolve the supply chain team with a primary focus on establishing and placing the appropriate contracting arrangements with suppliers to deliver the cost, schedule, quality and safety requirements of the project. As the project evolves, your focus will shift to broader supply chain responsibilities including warehousing and logistics solutions. This is a critical leadership role within the business and an excellent opportunity for you to showcase your breadth of procurement and supply chain management experience.
In more specific terms, this integral leadership roles you will:
- Provide leadership and development to the Supply Chain team members to deliver the required levels of performance into the business
- Support the development and leading the implementation of, good practice supply chain processes and procedures
- Lead the supplier sourcing and selection process, in line with the business requirements
- Support the development and implementation of robust commodity strategies and supplier agreements on behalf of the business
- Proactively manage the performance of the supply base to ensure the delivery, cost and quality requirements of the business are achieved
- Facilitate effective business relationships with suppliers as well as customers and internal stakeholders to ensure the requirements of the business are met
- Identify and manage supplier contractual risks and opportunities for improvement
- Lead the development of enhanced business systems and processes to more effectively achieve the supply chain objectives
- Manage the inventory, warehousing and logistics activities to optimise budget, cost and schedule requirements
As an ideal applicant, you'll present with:
- Substantial experience in procurement, logistics and materials management, including experience in managing a multi-disciplinary team
- An ability to form strong working relationships in a complex project environment, with major suppliers and their supply chains
- Initiative and be able to prioritise to meet deadlines
- Highly developed negotiation, communication and customer/supplier relationships skills
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- A high level of analytical and numerical ability coupled with strong problem solving skills
- An ability to balance conflicting priorities to deliver against customer and business requirements
- Tertiary qualifications ideally in business management and/or logistics
Whilst not essential, experience of Defence supply chain process / practise would be highly desirable.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian Citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Applications should be addressed to: Leah Golias, Senior Recruitment Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html