SENIOR CAPTURE LEAD | NSW - Pitt St
|Category:||Business Development & Marketing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||02-Jun-2018|
- Influence business winning and business capture activity
- Melbourne, Adelaide or Sydney
- Enjoy an opportunity to make your mark in an environment that encourages diverse thinking, flexibility and collaboration
At BAE Systems, our advanced defence technology protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. For over 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains. We employ a skilled workforce of some 3,500 people at over 25 locations across Australia, and work closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation. We are now pleased to welcome applications from seasoned capture leads for roles within our Business Winning function.
These key leadership positions will drive business growth though the successful development and execution of capture/campaign strategies, establishing a position to win and drive to closure through to contract award. In one of these key roles, you will work closely with the Business Development teams in the delivery of high value, complex captures with a focus on developing and implementing successful win strategies, the management of all stakeholders and ensuring alignment of the needs of the customer and our value proposition. In more specific terms, this will see you:
- Using market intelligence to influence and shape requirements and develop winning strategies
- Gaining and maintaining stakeholder buy-in and support, including commitment of right resources earlier enough to develop win strategies
- Taking initiative to build an effective, motivated, and winning capture team by identifying and obtaining key functional and other resources
- Using proven capture management tools, processes and best practices to establish, update and execute, winning capture plans
- Using competitive intelligence tools and techniques to learn and assess customer issues, hot buttons and key performance parameters and appraise competitor's potential solutions
- Developing and delivering persuasive and compelling arguments in order to achieve desired outcomes
- Driving the capture team to develop differentiated customer focused solutions and win strategies
- Working with proposal managers to develop proposal strategies, plans and budgets and to ensure effective transition from capture to proposal stage
- Leading lessons learnt activities, pushing learnings to identified follow on capture teams
As an ideal applicant, you will present with:
- Demonstrated capture and business experience with intimate understanding of Australian Defence procurement and requirements definition process
- Experience in senior stakeholder, capture, and proposal management, including winning new, repeat or follow on business through leading and delivering winning proposals
- Experience in shaping and implementing winning strategies into the target customer community
- A proven ability to manage and motivate a diverse, multi- disciplined team in the delivery of innovative solutions
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills that can be applied at senior levels within and external to the organisation
As Defence security clearances are required for these roles, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Applications should be addressed to: Leah Golias, Senior Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html