DETAIL DESIGN DISCIPLINE LEADS | VIC-Williamstown
|Attachments:|| Detail Design Discipline Lead_PD1614_G8.pdf (PDF, 257KB)
|Application Close Date:||01-Jun-2018|
- Defence industry leader
- Enjoy flexibility, inclusivity, collaboration and innovation in this engineering lead role
- Melbourne location
BAE Systems Australia is a global Defence and security company with wide-ranging products and services to support and protect Australia's Defence forces, security, information technology, and support services.
A focus for this role will be establishment and management of in-country Detail Design capability to execute significant packages of work on SEA 5000 Future Frigate program, and develop a capability growth path in support of continuous naval shipbuilding.
The SEA 5000 Future Frigate program is a key part of The Government's commitment to modernising Australia's naval capabilities and establishing a continuous naval shipbuilding industry on our shores. To replace our aging ANZAC Class frigates, nine ‘Future Frigates' will be built in Adelaide, South Australia, as part of the program, with the fleet to become an integral part of our Royal Australian Navy's long-term defence capabilities.
This transformative $35 billion program will drive investment, jobs, growth and innovation across our economy and create opportunities for small to medium sized businesses for the next 40 years.
As a shortlisted tenderer for this program and with other broad ranging opportunities across the business, we invite applications from seasoned detail design professionals.
As a Detail Design Discipline Lead, your responsibilities will include:
- Recruiting, training and developing a competent Stage 2 (Spatial Integration) and Stage 3 (Production Outputs) capability utitlising GCS-A core engineering tools such as FORAN, Windchill, AVEVA enterprise resource management and Configuration Managed Project Integrated Cabling software
- Providing leadership and motivation to a team of detail designers
- Managing cost, quality and schedule of allocated work scope
- Application of delegated authority and engineering decision making
- Developing, maintaining and modifying engineering processes and procedures in assigned areas in response to technical developments and operational needs
- Producing and developing designs in line with specifications, quality and technical standards, and carrying out detail design appraisals to ensure all standards are maintained
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in a senior design detail leadership role underpinned by appropriate qualifications such as a Cert IV or diploma in a technology or engineering discipline which meets the requirements for registration as an Engineering Technologist with Engineers Australia
- Well-developed leadership skills and the proven ability to motivate and influence others
- Ability to perform robust analysis using recognised drafting and analytical tools
- Sufficient breadth of knowledge of warship design in order to make correct trade-off decisions
- Demonstrated customer focus
- Experience in either
- Layouts (outfit)
Experience in knowledge and technology transfer will be highly regarded.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Applications should be addressed to: Natalie Walstrom, Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems you will find support for training and development, competitive benefits and family friendly, flexible work practices in addition to a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html