Head of Government Relations | ACT-Canberra
|Category:||Business Development & Marketing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||05-Dec-2018|
- Join a leading defence organisation
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to support corporate objectives
- Full time role based in Canberra, ACT
An exciting opportunity to be part of our organisation with advanced defence technology that protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure.
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects our nation, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. For over 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains.
We employ a skilled workforce of some 3,500 people at over 25 locations across Australia, and work closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
We are excited to invite applications for the role of Head of Government Relations within our Canberra based team.
The Head of Government Relations is BAE Systems Australia's “Whole of Government” champion and expert, accountable for the management of the company and government interface in order to develop and maintain a business environment that is both supportive of the company's objectives and fulfils government's priorities.
As a member of our team, you'll enjoy competitive benefits, family friendly and flexible work practices, interesting work, unique career development opportunities and a culture that is built on trust, teamwork and pride in what we do.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Provide advice on the strategic environment in which the company operates
- Manage key customer relationships and activities of advisors
- Contribute to the formulation of the company strategy
- Support the Director of Strategy & Business Development on Whole of Government and marketing input to the annual integrated business planning process
- Clarify the needs of the business unit sales teams, and to oversee, coordinate and actively support their order intake activities particularly at the senior levels of government
- Provide expert advice on defence related matters
- Be responsible for the Management of Level 1 and level 2 DOD relationships and for the management and coordination of Advisors
You contribution to the team will include:
- Fulfilling the role of “Whole of Government” champion and expert responsible for the management of Federal and State Government affairs to develop and maintain a business environment that is supportive of the company's objectives
- Supporting the CEO on whole of government and marketing input to the integrated business planning process
- Supporting the business units with their direction of sales and marketing campaigns through advice in the areas of win strategy formulation, development of teaming, implementation of strategy, coordination across business units and Lifecycle Management peer review
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- Significant general management experience
- Extensive understanding of the Australian national security environment
- Broad understanding of the political environment at both Federal and State levels
- Extensive understanding of the Australian defence sector.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be eligible to obtain and maintain the appropriate clearance.
Applications should be addressed to Polly Buerano, Talent Sourcing Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html