Competitor Intelligence Analyst | ACT-Canberra
|Category:||Business Development & Marketing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||27-Jun-2018|
- Opportunity for a strategic thinking analyst to join the team, and support our business growth by using their analytical skills and ability to influence
- Be instrumental in fostering knowledge sharing and strengthen our competitor intelligence processes
- Based in Canberra, ACT
An exciting opportunity to be part of our organisation with advanced defence technology that protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. For over 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains.
Working with our team in Canberra as the Competitor Intelligence Analyst, you will report to the Corporate Strategy Manager and will be responsible for building and maintaining a successful Enterprise competitor intelligence program to support the strategic growth and ongoing success of the company.
You will be expected to conduct pro-active, in-depth and targeted research and analysis of companies, industries, markets, technologies and competitors. This will include comprehensive interrogation of a variety of information sources including both financial and non-financial data.
You will formulate, develop and communicate insightful and actionable intelligence to aid strategic decision-making. You will also be required to develop and maintain effective relationships with business development (BD), government relations (GR) and the line of business (LoBs) to ensure knowledge-sharing, alignment of key priorities and information capture and validation
As a member of our team, you will enjoy competitive benefits, friendly work practices, interesting work, unique career development opportunities and a culture that is built on trust, teamwork and pride in what we do.
You contribution to the team will include:
- Developing and implementing competitive intelligence processes and internal knowledgebase to foster knowledge sharing and adherence to best practices throughout the company
- Act as the subject matter expert on competitor intelligence by pro-actively undertaking in-depth and targeted research and analysis on companies, industries, markets, technologies and competitors
- Build and maintain an internal network across BD, GR, LoBs and other key stakeholders to strengthen and test sources of competitor intelligence
- Provide synthesised reporting on competitor threats and opportunities that deliver actionable insights to support senior leaders in strategic decision making
- Conduct strategic reviews as directed into specific market sectors, technology areas, emerging threats and opportunities and the assessment of business impact of change
- Develop relevant material and present competitor insights as part of annual corporate strategy cycle and to support IBP process
- Provide intelligence to support and participate in Black Hat (Assess Competition) and Green Team (Price to Win) reviews
Attributes and Experience:
- Significant experience working as an analyst within the defence industry or related sector
- Demonstrated and relevant experience in data analysis, extracting, interpreting and articulating key research findings accordingly for target audience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and confident to engage at all levels across the organisation, with demonstrated experience in presenting to senior leaders
- Strategic thinker with strong business acumen who will take initiative, collaborate and work independently
- Proven record of building successful internal relationships across multiple business units and using influencing skills to achieve business outcomes
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must hold or be eligible for Negative Vetting Level 1 Security Clearance.
Applications should be addressed to Polly Buerano, Talent Sourcing Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualifications to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture, employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme. Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html