Security Administrator | ACT-Canberra
|Category:||Facilities Management & Security|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||20-Jul-2018|
- Entry-level opportunity to be part of a leading global defence organisation
- Provide efficient security service to internal and external customers
- Canberra based role
At BAE Systems, our advanced Defence technology protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. For over 60 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the Air, Maritime, Land and Cyber domains.
A new and exciting opportunity exists for an Security Administrator to join our team in Canberra. You will utilise your customer service skills to provide commercial and defence security advice, education and support to all business operations within BAE Systems Australia in accordance with Company security policies, procedures and guidelines.
Your contribution to the team will include:
- Assisting with the implementation of security measures for the protection of defence security classified information and sensitive commercial information under the control of BAE Systems Australia
- Coordinating and carrying out routine security tasks based on relevant policies, standards, procedures and best practices of the assigned work stream
- Providing efficient, effective and timely security service to our internal and external customers
- Ensuring that appropriate employees and contractors are security cleared
- Overseeing the identity badge system by ensuring all new employees, contractors and defence forces personnel are issued with a pass within the defined service level agreement
- Maintaining records for the physical security of the site
- Responding to and maintaining records of security incidents, escalating where needed
- Providing support to ensure the company passes all security audits and maintains the high standard required by Defence Security & Vetting Service
- Carrying out other duties as required
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Superior customer service skills
- The ability to work independently and in a team environment
- The ability to think logically and provide solutions to potential problems
- Experience in the use of all Microsoft Office and other security applications efficiently including Word, Excel, Access and Power Point (specialised training provided on access control and other security systems)
- Certificate in Security Officer training or any related training, will be highly regarded
- Experience in Defence security processes and procedures, will be highly regarded
As a defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Polly Buerano, Talent Sourcing Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.