Project Controller | NSW-Garden Island
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Position Type:||Fixed Term|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||23-Jul-2018|
- Global company with multiple sites around Australia
- Major Defence Contract
- Garden Island, Potts Point with a complimentary bus service to and from the CBD
At BAE Systems, our advanced defence technology protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. For over 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains. We employ a skilled workforce of some 3,500 people at over 25 locations across Australia, and work closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
An exciting opportunity has risen for a Project/Cost Controller to provide support the contract by coordinating the proper use of our cost management tool so that the project management team can adequately monitor and report on project cost and schedule progress.
Please note that this position will initially commence on a 18 month fixed term contract, with a view for extention.
In more specific terms, you will:
- Act as a champion in Earned Value Management (EVM) and Schedule Development / Management, in line with Corporate guidelines
- Perform detailed analysis on data, schedules and variances, and clearly articulate results to key stakeholders to allow for timely decision making
- Strong stakeholder management along with the ability to communicate and articulate information with senior stakeholders in a clear and effective manner
- Manage the cost and schedule delivery to ensure stakeholders are aware of the budget and cost/schedule performance position when required
- Timely and accurate delivery of EVM Project Reporting
- Development of fully resourced, logically linked, critical path schedules
- Establish and maintain cost and schedule baselines on multiple projects
- Work closely with Project Managers to implement the EVM process of Cost Account status reporting, accruals, schedule statusing and forecasting, ETC data input, provision of progress and variance analysis reporting
- Ensure consolidated data for customer(s) and stakeholders is of high quality and accuracy
- Provides accurate data and informative input to the Resource Planning process / tool
- Contribute to a continual improvement culture to add value through time saving and / or increased accuracy, where possible, in the way we operate
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- Experience and demonstrable competence and a thorough working knowledge of applicable tools, procedures and codes through previous project experience
- Proven performance and progression as a Cost Schedule Analyst, using OPP and Cobra
- Project or general administration experience
- Be currently undertaking or have an appropriate diploma or higher(engineering, commercial or project management)
- Well-developed self-management skills and demonstrated ability to work under his/her own initiative to deliver outputs to time, quality and cost
- Open Plan Scheduling and Cobra Cost control, with Intermediate MS Office skill, mainly Excel
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
In terms of our work environment, it is inclusive, collaborative and we embrace innovation. We also enjoy a genuine commitment to safety, diversity and inclusion and to the development of our skills. Above all, it's the people at BAE Systems who make the difference.
Applications should be addressed to: Adrien Kingsley, Recruitment Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html