Project Manager | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||29-Jun-2018|
- Join a company that values innovative ideas and flexible work practices
- Work on the Jindalee Over the Horizon Radar – a key element of Australia's key Defence surveillance asset
- Fully manage a component of the program from the start
- Edinburgh Parks, permanent full-time, on-site parking
The Jindalee Operational Radar Network (JORN) has been a part of our nation's defence landscape for many decades and comprises three Over-The-Horizon-Radar (OTHR) systems to provide surveillance coverage of our northern border. BAE Systems has been awarded the contract to manage the upgrade of this 100 percent Australian solution that is strategically important to Australia's security. Joining this project you will experience an exciting and unique opportunity to grow with some of Australia's finest defence professionals in an iconic defence environment.
JORN is a network of three remote OTHR radars located in the Northern Territory, Queensland and Western Australia. The state-of-the-art defence system provides wide area surveillance at ranges of 1000 to 3000 km, and plays a vital role in supporting the Australian Defence Force's air and maritime operations, border protection, disaster relief and search and rescue operations.
As a member of our team, you'll enjoy competitive benefits, family friendly and flexible work practices, interesting work, unique career development opportunities and a culture that is built on trust, teamwork and pride in what we do.
- Execute activities such as project planning, scheduling, cost and benefit estimation, cost tracking and risk management and technical requirements
- Ensure Commercial and Intellectual Property areas are sufficiently addressed within the project
- Ensure the project is planned appropriately and follow prescribed processes
- Provide visibility of the project status to senior executives and key stakeholders
- Work with customers and technical resources to develop project plans and requirements
- Performing risk management planning, risk identification and mitigation planning
- Implement and follow the Project Management policies and processes across the Domains as determined by the Project Management Function
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- An excellent work ethic, positive attitude and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective and productive engagement with technical and non-technical internal/external stakeholders including senior business managers
- Ability to balance conflicting priorities to deliver against customer and business requirements, with appropriate stakeholder management
- A sound understanding of project management principles with demonstrated experience in preparing project plans
- Tertiary qualification in a technical, scientific or engineering discipline (desirable)
As Defence security clearance is required for these roles, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) may be applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Expressions of interest should be addressed to Vanessa Giles, Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html