Project Manager Facilties Internal Investment | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Facilities Management & Security|
|Attachments:|| Project Manager_PD1298_G8.pdf (PDF, 70KB)
Duty Statement Internal Investment Project Manager R01 (1).pdf (PDF, 40KB)
|Application Close Date:||01-Aug-2018|
- Be involved in the planning and delivery of the Adelaide Shipyard to BAE Systems
- Enjoy flexibility, inclusivity, collaboration and innovation in a Management role
- Based in Adelaide, SA
A national ship building endeavour is about to start in South Australia.
BAE Systems is excited to have been selected to deliver nine Future Frigates for the Australian Navy. The Global Combat Ship – Australia is based on the BAE Systems' Type 26 frigate, one of the world's most advanced anti-submarine warships, which the company is currently constructing in Glasgow for the Royal Navy.
The new ships, to be called the Hunter class, will be built in South Australia by an Australian workforce, using Australian suppliers from every state and territory.
As the Internal Investment Project Manager (IIPM) you will be responsible for the delivery of internal investments / capital expenditure projects within BAE Systems. These projects are required to establish and maintain the capability for BAE Systems to sustain the ability to successfully win and execute customer projects.
The IIPM shall lead the project team under the general guidance of the Head of Facilities to successfully execute the project deliverables and ongoing project reviews. The role will ensure that all members of the project team and the broader SEA5000 project team are engaged in understanding and proactively managing their contribution to desired project and safety outcomes whilst building and maintaining strong stakeholder relationships.
As the Internal Investment Project Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- The IIPM will be responsible for the transition of the Adelaide Shipyard to BAE Systems in preparation for project activities.
- Planning the delivery of facilities investment projects up to ($20M) in accordance with Governance and Life Cycle Management (LCM) requirements and ensuring delivery to plan, monitor performance against plan and take action to ensure issues are addressed in an effective and timely manner.
- Reduction of risk to the Business through identification, assessment and analysis of facilities risks to projects, personnel and property.
- Manage the definition of project requirements with stakeholders including liaison with all functions relevant to the delivery of assigned project elements and sub-projects to help build an integrated project team and to facilitate the achievement of project objectives.
- Developing value for money through-life facilities solutions that are commercially viable and fit for purpose.
- Developing and cultivating assigned relationships with facilities suppliers and subcontractors to ensure all contracts are delivered on time and to budget.
- Provision of specialist facilities advice to Business Units and Project Teams by providing planned and ad-hoc consultancy support.
- Reporting on Project Performance and issues at the functional reviews where required.
- Implement and follow the Project Management policies and processes as determined by the Project Management Function.
- Formally reporting monthly to the Head of Facilities on all project issues.
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in Project Management within an engineering organisation or similar.
- Excellent communication, influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Substantial experience in managing large and diverse work teams in a fast paced environment.
- A strong people leader who thrives on sharing knowledge and insights with the team to further develop their skills.
- A passion for delivering a safe and reliable service and product to customers.
- Experience managing and leading negotiations on project, commercial and contractual terms and conditions.
- Tertiary qualifications in either property, project management, construction, engineering, or a related discipline
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Applications should be addressed to: Julie Lane, Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems you will find support for training and development, competitive benefits and family friendly, flexible work practices in addition to a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about Sea 5000 and other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia