SENIOR PROJECT CONTROLLER | VIC-Williamstown
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:|| Duty Statement.doc (Word, 190KB)
|Application Close Date:||21-Nov-2018|
- Be part of a company that values innovative ideas and flexible work practices
- Great opportunity for a Project Controller Specialist to use their expertise and make a meaningful contribution
- Williamstown, Victoria OR Edinburgh Parks, South Australia location
BAE Systems Australia is a global Defence and security company with wide-ranging products and services to support and protect Australia's Defence forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services.
Passionate people work at BAE Systems and the team contributes to something really big – the defence of Australia. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a committed Senior Project Controller to join the Project Controls team on a permanent and full time basis and make a valuable contribution. The Senior Project Controller position will report to the Project Controls Manager and it can be situated at either our Williamstown, Victoria location or our Edinburgh Parks, South Australia location.
As the Senior Project Controller, you will:
- Provide project controls services on projects/bids that vary in size and complexity across all lifecycle management phases
- Act as a champion in Earned Value Management (EVM) and schedule development/management across a variety of projects
- Establish and maintain cost and schedule baselines for multiple projects
- Build and maintain positive customer and internal relationships
- Provide expert assistance to the project teams in the use of cost and schedule tools including Open Plan, Microsoft Project and Cobra
- Provide appropriate application of or development of project controls systems on bids
- Assist stakeholders with the development of appropriate product based Work Breakdown Structures (WBS)
- Ensure schedules are compliant to company internal process requirements and include a logically linked, and resourced schedule that is capable of displaying a valid critical path
- Identify and assess project cost and schedule challenges and implement best solution
- Mentor and support the career development of members within the project controls function
- Contribute to the management and continual improvement of the company EVM processes
- Travel interstate on a regular basis to support projects
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Extensive project controls experience and knowledge of project controls principles, tools and procedures
- The flexibility and willingness to travel interstate on a regular basis
- Strong stakeholder management skills coupled with the ability to communicate and articulate information with senior stakeholders in a clear and effective manner
- Knowledge/understanding of Project Management principles and methodologies
Whilst not essential, demonstrated experience utilising the Open Plan and Cobra tools will be highly regarded.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html