Governance Analysts | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Finance, Accounting & Accounting Support|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||26-Sep-2018|
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, Treasury and Governance, the Governance Analysts will work within a team of experts who are responsible for supporting all activities and tasks that relate to Financial Governance across our Australian business.
Specifically, you will:
- Collaborate with finance and non-finance personnel across the business to promote a strong financial control environment
- Determine and document a financial risk and control matrix for key business processes
- Address deficiencies in the control environment with key stakeholders
- Test financial controls against audit programs and report on improvement opportunities
- Document and maintain written financial policies and procedures
- Manage the Company's delegation of authority process
- Co-ordinate and report against a controls self-assessment process
- Contribute toward the fraud risk management process
- Contribute toward disaster recovery planning
- Interface with Internal and External Auditors
Implementing process improvement initiatives
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Relevant formal tertiary qualifications in Accounting, Commerce or a related discipline is essential and CPA or CA qualification is preferred
- Previous experience in an audit environment
- Knowledge of Australian Accounting Standards and statutory reporting requirements
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a strong team focus and commitment to continual improvement
- Demonstrated stakeholder management skills
- Solid level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
Applications should be addressed to Michelle Dawson, Recruitment Specialist
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.