Software Engineer | VIC-Richmond
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||26-Jul-2018|
- Join an organisation that values innovative ideas and flexible work practices
- Perform engineering development work on interesting new products
- Full software lifecycle development experience
At BAE Systems, we employ a skilled workforce of some 3,500 people at over 25 locations across Australia, and work closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
The Weapons Systems business unit is a hub of innovation and exciting projects – the projects we are working on are truly interesting and unique. As an experienced Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work on leading edge flight control software for autonomous systems. You will be part of a vibrant team, with the opportunity to utilise your software engineering experience and be exposed to career expanding opportunities.
You will be capable of delivering best practice in software development in order to produce quality software products. This role includes design, development and testing of software products and associated test systems, which could include a variety of levels from high-level applications through to embedded code.
You will be responsible for the following components in the software development lifecycle, including:
- Producing software requirements and design
- Developing software components, utilising both software-in-loop and hardware-in-loop simulation environments throughout the development lifecycle
- Undertaking software verification and validation in a high integrity/high assurance environment
- Support aircraft integration and flight test activities
- Managing project infrastructure and tooling
- Developing and maintaining documentation
- Working in an agile software development lifecycle
You will have:
- A university degree coupled with significant relevant experience in software engineering
- A strong passion for software engineering and working with a variety of technologies
- Experience with real-time software for embedded systems
- Experience with one or more of the following: C, C++
- Strong problem solving skills, be a self-starter and a practical thinker
- Experience in safety-critical embedded systems, simulation or modelling, and Defence/Aerospace domains would be highly regarded
- Experience developing software within a certification framework (such as DO-178) would be highly regarded
In return you will:
Join a work environment that is inclusive, collaborative and where innovative ideas are embraced. You will work alongside passionate and motivated people who enjoy a genuine commitment to safety, diversity and to the development of our skills.
Enjoy benefits including:
- Real flexible working options - requests for part time work will be explored
- Comprehensive paid parental leave and keeping in touch program
- Financial, wellness and corporate partner programs
- Established reward and recognition program
- Eligibility to participate in our free Profit Share program
- A genuine commitment to safety, diversity and inclusion
- Ongoing training and development
If you are ready for your next challenge and excited about our offering then this is the time to make your move. Applications should be addressed to: Leah Golias, Senior Recruitment Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html