Acceptance Verification and Validation Team Lead | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||01-Aug-2018|
ACCEPTANCE, VERIFICATION & VALIDATION LEAD
- Lead the Acceptance, Verification and Validation activity of a major Defence project that involves state of the art technologies
- Join a leading partner in the Defence landscape with an opportunity to contribute to the ongoing security of our nation
- Located at Edinburgh, SA
The Jindalee Operational Radar Network (JORN) has been a part of our nation's defence landscape for many decades and comprises three Over-The-Horizon-Radar (OTHR) systems to provide surveillance coverage of our northern border. BAE Systems has the contract to manage the upgrade of this 100 percent Australian solution that is strategically important to Australia's security. Joining this project you will experience an exciting and unique opportunity to grow with some of Australia's finest defence professionals in an iconic defence environment.
To ensure this program is delivered by the very best talent, we invite you to apply to join our team as an Acceptance, Verification & Validation (AV&V) Lead. As a member of the JORN Surveillance IPT team, the AV&V Lead will lead the acceptance, verification and validation program ensuring successful delivery of project outcomes.
In terms of specific responsibilities, in this role you will:
- Plan and manage a complex program of testing activities
- Manage a team of acceptance, verification and validation specialists
- Ensure that cost and schedule goals are achieved
- Prepare, modify and execute integration and test planning documentation
- Manage the identification and resolution of issues with the integration/testing of systems and subsystems
- Manage the acceptance of subsystems from external suppliers
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- A valid and current Australian Defence Clearance
- Experience in an ASDEFCON program would be advantageous
- Previous experience leading a defence acceptance, verification and validation program
- The proven ability to develop and lead high performing teams
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and influence
- Highly developed project management skills
- A strong background in electronics/software/radar systems
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills with the ability to influence to achieve positive business outcomes
- The willingness to travel to remote locations as required
- Whilst not essential, tertiary qualifications in engineering or an equivalent discipline will be highly regarded
As Defence security clearances are required for these roles, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearances.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices. .
Applications should be addressed to Derek Blaschek- Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: ttps://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html