Office Administrator | ACT-Canberra
|Category:||Administration & Customer Service|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||20-Aug-2018|
- An exciting opportunity to join a leading defence organisation
- Project support and administration
- Based in Canberra, ACT
Looking for a dynamic and passionate Office Administrator with extensive experience in delivering project and administration support related duties. This exciting and dynamic role will be involved in working within a customer focused environment.
We are building something great, a model for the future, and a new standard of excellence. Highly collaborative and agile in approach, we are engaging, consultative and solutions focused. We are looking for likeminded professionals to join our team.
The Office Administrator is responsible for the provision of project support and administration activities across the Canberra site to support the effective operations of the organization.
You contribution to the team will include:
- Providing administrative support and liaise with internal and external stakeholders, including across functions and lines of business to ensure optimal outcomes for the various projects and Canberra site
- Assisting the managers or support staff on site with matters requiring their attention and implement actions as directed
- Developing appropriate systems, procedures and controls to manage administrative tasks to enhance the accuracy, timeliness and presentation of work
- Providing local induction, educational and awareness sessions on administrative processes and systems
- Coordinating and booking travel for Canberra based staff
- Processing invoices and ensuring they are approved and forwarded to Finance in a timely manner with correct delegate authorisation
- Providing assistance with purchase orders and other financial management duties
- Arranging and supporting Canberra events, visitors and meetings
- Managing meeting room bookings, facilities and booking catering when required
- Supporting projects by providing administrative record keeping and data entry
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- Demonstrated administrative experience working in a similar role
- Certificate of Administration, desirable
- Intermediate experience in a range of Microsoft packages
- Experienced using and managing travel booking applications
- Experienced in financial process and systems
- Ability to build good interpersonal relations with professional employees
- Strong organisational, administrative and communication skills
- Must hold or be eligible for Negative Vetting Level 1 Security Clearance
Applications should be addressed to Polly Buerano, Talent Sourcing Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme. Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html