Platform Superintendent / Maintenance Supervisor | QLD-Portsmith
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||27-Aug-2018|
- Join Australia's Defence industry leader that values innovation and flexibility
- Maintenance Management
- Permanent role - based in Portsmith, Cairns
BAE Systems is a global defence, aerospace and security company employing over 80,000 people worldwide. Our wide-ranging products and services cover air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services.
The Platform Superintendent acts as a Maintenance Supervisor and is responsible for planning and managing a program of work associated with planned/corrective maintenance, engineering change installations and technical support activities for the Hydrographic vessels.
To be successful in this position you will need Maintenance Management experience from within the maritime environment, have good management exposure to project construction and have a degree of flexibility around routine work hours.
- Plan and manage an ongoing program of work associated with preventive/corrective maintenance and engineering change installations during external maintenance periods and maintenance windows of opportunity
- Provide technical expertise to internal and external stakeholders on maintenance matters
- Understand and adhere to the Naval Technical Regulatory Framework in accordance with ABR 6492
- Manage the development of technical instructions to enable a competent and authorised repair agent to undertake required work scopes to perform planned and corrective maintenance in accordance with ABR 6492, PS.ENG.09.POL and ENG.15.POL
- Conduct risk assessments of technical instructions and engineering investigations arising from problem identification reports
- Diploma of engineering or similar relevant qualifications
- Experience and technical background in electronic/electrical and/or mechanical systems preferably in a maritime environment
- Experience in the supervision and management of contractors and maintenance activities
- Demonstrated experience in the conduct of engineering installation/maintenance/repair practices within a quality framework
- Knowledge and comprehension of quality management systems such as AS/NZS ISO 9000
- Knowledge and comprehension of the role of classification societies in the conduct of maintenance and engineering activities
- Demonstrated experience in systems engineering, configuration management, planning and scheduling of engineering and maintenance activities
- Must be an Australian citizen and eligible to obtain and maintain a Defence security clearance
Please apply online to Sinead Booth – Recruitment Specialist by close of business Friday 24 August 2018. Your application should include a resume and a cover letter.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in learning more about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please click on this link: BAE Systems Careers Australia
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.