Senior Production Engineer - Dimensional Control | WA-Henderson
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||23-Aug-2018|
SENIOR ACCURACY CONTROL ENGINEER (SURVEYOR)
- Join Australia's Defence industry leader that values innovation and flexibility
- Permanent position in a dynamic and challenging environment
- Based in Henderson, WA
BAE Systems is a global defence, aerospace and security company employing over 80,000 people worldwide. Our wide-ranging products and services cover air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Accuracy Control (Surveyor) Engineer to join our team providing day to day survey support for our ongoing repairs and upgrades to the Royal Australian Navy's ANZAC Class Frigates.
- Perform regular surveys and produce reports during structure fabrication and installation
- Work with the production execution team to improve fabrication and installation methods or sequences to improve tolerance adherence
- Provide accuracy control leadership during task estimation and planning
- Manage the internal accuracy control capability, including management of all support equipment/software)
- Identify and execute accuracy control process improvements
- Experience conducting surveys and developing reports, preferably in shipbuilding, mining or heavy engineering (at least 5 years)
- Demonstrated experience with specialist surveying tools (total stations and portable measuring arms) and software (specifically Spatial Analyser, PointSense, Rhino, Navisworks and ShipConstructor).
- Experience using 3D modelling or BIM environments.
- Demonstrated experience working in multi-disciplinary engineering and production team.
- Able to develop and maintain multiple stakeholder relationships, internal and external
- The ability to effectively work autonomously, prioritise demands and meet deadlines
- Eligibility to obtain and maintain a Defence security clearance
- Eligibility to be cleared for International Traffic In Arms (ITAR) regulations
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role. Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Please apply to Dawn Porou – Recruitment Specialist by close of business Friday 17 August 2018 online at https://careersinternal.au.baesystems.com.Your application should include a resume and a cover letter.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in learning more about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please click on this link: BAE Systems Careers Australia