Electrical Engineer | VIC-Richmond
|Attachments:|| Electrical Engineer Professional_PD332_09_G6.pdf (PDF, 333KB)
|Application Close Date:||05-Oct-2018|
- Join an organisation that values innovative ideas and flexible work practices
- Be part of a new team and gain exposure to the full engineering lifecycle
- Richmond, VIC location with onsite parking and close to public transport
At BAE Systems, we employ a skilled workforce of some 3,500 people at over 25 locations across Australia, Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
The Weapons Systems business unit is a hub of innovation and exciting projects. As an experienced Engineer, you will have the opportunity to apply your engineering skills to the design of complex aerospace systems from concept to manufacture. You will be part of a high-achieving team, providing career expanding opportunities.
As an Electrical Engineer, you will be accountable for the design and development of electrical/electronic systems to meet customer requirements. In more specific terms, you will:
- Design, develop and implement electrical systems and/or equipment, including the interconnection and integration related to the system and/or equipment, the installation and management of the system and/or equipment against the technical, schedule and cost goals
- Derive electrical system and/or equipment requirements, define the test requirements and participate in system design and requirements reviews
- Develop electrical candidate solutions against requirements including their optimisation and present the solution in design reviews
- Undertake functional analysis to identify the optimum solution against a set of requirements
- Develop optimised electrical system and/or equipment detail designs and present the designs in design reviews
- Undertake electronic system and/or equipment detailed design analysis to identify the optimum design for the defined system and/or equipment architecture
- Undertake the translation of the electrical system and/or equipment design into a manufacturable product and incorporate design for manufacture factors
- Undertake engineering management of the electrical system and/or equipment manufacture
You will have:
- A university degree level engineering qualification preferably within an electronic or electrical engineering discipline
- Demonstrated experience within the electrical engineering discipline, in the development of electronic/electrical equipment designs
- Experience in participating in design reviews, undertaking typical design analyses and implementation of electrical/electronic solutions, its integration, validation and qualification testing
- Self-motivation and a proactive approach to progressing all assigned tasks
Whilst not essential, engineering experience within a Defence or aerospace environment will be highly regarded.
In return you will:
Join a work environment that is inclusive, collaborative and where innovative ideas are embraced. You will work alongside passionate and motivated people who enjoy a genuine commitment to safety, diversity and to the development of our skills.
Enjoy benefits including:
- Real flexible working options - requests for part time work will be explored
- Comprehensive paid parental leave and keeping in touch program
- Financial, wellness and corporate partner programs
- Established reward and recognition program
- Eligibility to participate in our free Profit Share program
- A genuine commitment to safety, diversity and inclusion
- Ongoing training and development
If you are ready for your next challenge and excited about our offering then this is the time to make your move. Applications should be addressed to: Leah Golias, Senior Recruitment Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html