Technical Training Officer - Electronic | QLD-Portsmith
|Category:||Human Resources, Training & OHSE|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||29-Aug-2018|
- Join Australia's Defence industry leader that values innovation and flexibility
- TECHNICAL TRAINING ROLE
- Permanent position - based in Portsmith, Cairns
BAE Systems is a global Defence, aerospace and security company employing over 80,000 people worldwide. Our wide-ranging products and services cover air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services.
This role is integral in supporting our operations through the provision of Technical Training for ships navigation systems and communication networks.
- Prepare Training Material and update as configuration changes take effect
- Conduct Training Courses and Induction training
- Provide Subject Matter Expert advice to Hydrographic Systems Program Office (HSPO)
- Maintain the integrity of the Technical Library
- Conduct specialist research in the support of Obsolescence Management.
- Provide support to the Configuration Officer
- Undertake non-routine tasks assigned by Supportability Team Lead with minimal supervision
- Manage own development and seek out new experiences and opportunities to learn within the ILS environment
KEY REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Training qualifications (Cert 1V or greater) plus demonstrated technical training experience
- Engineering Electronics qualification, be eligible for appointment as an Engineer level 5
- Experienced within maritime operations supporting equipment or missions system support programs
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written skills with the ability to engage with a multicultural, multi-levelled workforce
- Computer literate with proficient skills in Microsoft Office suite
- The ability to be part of an interactive team
- Exposure to AMPS (Desirable)
- An understanding of Royal Australian Navy systems would be an advantage
- Eligibility to obtain and maintain a Defence security clearance
Please apply online to Dawn Porou – Recruitment Specialist by close of business Friday 17 August 2018 your application should include a resume and a cover letter.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in learning more about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please click on this link: BAE Systems Careers Australia