Senior Functional Analyst | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||26-Aug-2018|
- Seeking experienced Oracle E-business ERP Analysts
- Permanent opportunities with a truly inclusive organisation
- Based in Edinburgh Parks, SA
At BAE Systems, our advanced defence technology protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. For over 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains. We employ a skilled workforce of some 3,500 people at over 25 locations across Australia, and work closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
In terms of our work environment, it is inclusive, collaborative and we embrace innovation. We also enjoy a genuine commitment to safety, diversity and inclusion and to the development of our skills. Above all, it's the people at BAE Systems who make the difference.
We're excited now to invite applications from experienced enterprise resource planning (ERP) professionals.
As the Senior Functional Analyst, you will be responsible for the investigation, analysis, review and documentation of business requirements to ensure that appropriate and business aligned functionality is implemented within the ERP suite of systems.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Manage requirements analysis activities to determine and justify innovative solutions that are feasible, cost effective, aligned to business or customer goals and aligned to architectural roadmaps
- Manage stakeholders through effective expectation and prioritisation management by maintaining the link between requirements and stakeholder needs
- Specify and validate ERP functional solutions to meet business requirements. These activities may range from major project activity, upgrades, to resolving minor support requests
- Provide guidance and advice on current technology initiatives and analysis techniques, and proactively seek ways to improve the way the team delivers services and capability to the business or customer
- Drive continuous improvement of the ERP suite of systems by providing guidance and advice on new processes, technology initiatives and analysis techniques to proactively seek ways to improve services and capability delivered to the business. Leads will also be required to advise on future initiatives
- Plan, monitor and manage the development, integration, change management, training and communication plans for projects and deployment activities to ensure effective transition to support
As the ideal applicant you will have:
- Sound knowledge of Oracle eBusiness modules, with a specific focus in HR and Payroll
- Knowledge in Oracle Learning Management, Comp Workbench and Oracle Time and Labour components
- Excellent data, process analysis and design skills
- Strong Oracle SQL and PL/SQL experience
- Recent experience working with the Agile/SCRUM methodology
- Broad stakeholder communication skills and a strong customer focus
- Proficient skills in teamwork, collaboration and negotiation
Applications should be addressed to: Lesley Mackman, Senior Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.