Senior Support Engineer - Mechanical | QLD-Portsmith
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||29-Aug-2018|
- Join Australia's Defence industry leader that values innovation and flexibility
- Engineering – Support Speciality Logistics
- Permanent role - based in Portsmith, Cairns
BAE Systems is a global defence, aerospace and security company employing over 80,000 people worldwide. Our wide-ranging products and services cover air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services.
We currently offer an Engineering opportunity to support Specialty Logistics and take responsibility for supporting the delivery of the system, sub-system and configuration item outputs for the Hydrographic In-Service Support (HISS) project.
- Providing direct support to the engineering supportability group to ensure that all supportability assessments and analysis is conducted under an engineering methodology and fit for purpose for the equipment system and interfacing systems
- Conducting supportability assessments and generate reports ensuring correct prioritisation and report of outcomes
- Representing the company at supportability working groups with the hydrographic systems program office as required
- Interfacing with subcontractors and suppliers to solicit appropriate objective quality evidence regarding the material condition of the vessels and future supportability of systems and equipment
- Supporting the set-up and establishment of failure reporting, analysis, and corrective action systems, as well as reliability, availability, and maintainability modelling frameworks
- Providing timely advice to key stakeholders on engineering matters, including progress, issues, achievements and update of metrics
- Ensuring that product safety and work, health and safety has been considered and implemented into resolution recommendations
- Undertaking any other support engineering tasks as required
KEY REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- An Engineering qualification – in a relevant mechanical discipline
- Demonstrated experience supporting engineering outcomes within an integrated logistics environment
- Previous experience working in the defence, resources or maintenance services industries (desirable)
- The ability to build positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders and effectively gather data
- Computer literate with advanced skills in Microsoft excel
- Excellent analytical, report writing and communication skills
- The ability to effectively work autonomously, prioritise demands and meet deadlines
- Eligibility to obtain and maintain a Defence security clearance
Please apply onlineto Dawn Porou – Recruitment Specialist by close of business Friday 17 August 2018 your application should include a resume and a cover letter.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in learning more about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please click on this link: BAE Systems Careers Australia