COMBAT SYSTEMS ENGINEERS | VIC-Williamstown
|Attachments:|| Combat Systems Engineer - Professional_PD395_09_G6.pdf (PDF, 97KB)
|Application Close Date:||26-Aug-2018|
- Our core values of Trusted, Innovative and Bold underpin everything that we do
- Multiple permanent and full time Combat Systems Engineer positions available
- Williamstown, Victoria location
BAE Systems Australia is a global Defence and security company with wide-ranging products and services to support and protect Australia's Defence forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services.
Opportunities have arisen and several permanent and full time Combat Systems Engineer positions are available within our Maritime Sustainment business. These challenging and rewarding positions will be based at our office in Williamstown, Victoria and will be offered on a permanent and full time basis. You will be part of an inclusive and friendly team along with a company that values innovative ideas and flexible work practices.
As a Combat Systems Engineer, you will:
- Provide technical support to the design, development and integration of systems and equipment in accordance with company requirements in order to achieve the required business performance
- Derive system and equipment requirements, define the test requirements and participate in system design and requirements reviews
- Develop solutions against requirements including their optimisation and present the solution in design reviews
- Develop optimised system and equipment detail designs and present the designs in design reviews
- Undertake the translation of the system and equipment designs into a manufacturable product and incorporate the designs for manufacture factors
- Perform the engineering management of the system and equipment manufactures from the hardware implementations
- Complete the integration and validation of the system and equipment designs including contributing to the integration and validation plans and reports
- Undertake the system and equipment qualification activities and the analysis of results including contributing to the qualification plans and reports
- Utilise design capture and analysis tools effectively to produce high quality designs and products including the interpretation of analysis results
- Utilise test tools effectively to undertake test, integration and verification including diagnosing problems and analysing results
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- A relevant engineering degree satisfying the requirements for membership of the Institute of Engineers Australia
- Combat systems engineering and communication engineering experience
- Systems engineering experience with a demonstrated understanding of systems engineering processes
- The ability to be self-motivated, proactive and driven to improve current process and solve problems
Whilst not essential, engineering experience within the maritime industry will be highly regarded.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Recruitment Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html