IT Category Manager | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Contracts, Purchasing & Procurement|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||24-Aug-2018|
- Technically interesting leadership role
- Enjoy flexibility, family friendly work practices and a strong team culture
- Based in either Edinburgh Parks, SA or Williamstown, Vic
At BAE Systems, our advanced defence technology protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. For over 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains.
We employ a skilled workforce of some 3,500 people at over 25 locations across Australia, and work closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
We are excited to invite applications for an experienced IT Category Manager to join the Commercial and Procurement team.
As the IT Category Manager, you will be responsible for the establishment, placement and management of the appropriate IT contracting arrangements with capable suppliers to deliver the cost, schedule, quality and safety requirements of the business, which, through relationship and performance management, maximises value and minimise risk.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Support the development of robust IT category sourcing strategies
- Provide advice on the strategic and transactional aspects of sourcing to company leadership through knowledge of domestic and international markets
- Provide leadership for commercial engagement activities including tenders and requests for proposal, supplier negotiations and contract development and execution
- Develop a core understanding of the IT industry, category and spend data
- Lead and direct a high-performing motivated team responsible for interfacing with IT business and suppliers
- As owner of the end to end category management for the IT portfolio, inherent responsibilities include governance and due process reviews to identify and implement areas of improvement in order to strive for best practice
- Define, manage and implement IT category strategies and demand initiatives which deliver ways to eliminate, reduce, shift or supply demand and addressable spend more efficiently
- Ensure a ‘total cost of ownership' philosophy across the IT categories, delivering value for money for the internal client against all category spend
- Prepare and present category strategy addressing business issues and objectives whilst quantifying risk and developing mitigation plans for the IT category portfolio
- Monitor, review and communicate progress in delivering strategy and benefits
As the ideal applicant you will have:
- Strong experience within an IT category management environment
- A proven track record of successful delivery of key supplier obligations maximising cost savings
- The ability to lead a professional and high functioning team
- Excellent communication skills coupled with the ability to build and maintain strong stakeholder relationships
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Senior commercial and procurement experience including executing strategic commercial agreements and the development of category plans
Applications should be addressed to: Lesley Mackman, Senior Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.